杭州龙凤,杭州桑拿网,杭州家庭SPA

Powered by Wminfron!

Monthly Archives: January 2019

Body of 12-year-old Calgary boy recovered from LaHave River

WATCH ABOVE: The body of a young boy was recovered from the LaHave River in Bridgewater, N.S. The 12-year-old went missing Sunday afternoon while swimming with friends. Global’s Natasha Pace has more on the latest drowning, in what has been a dangerous summer on Nova Scotia waters.

HALIFAX – The body of a 12-year-old Calgary boy who went missing while swimming in the LaHave River on Sunday was recovered Monday morning, according to Lunenburg County District RCMP.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Divers from the Nova Scotia RCMP and New Brunswick RCMP Underwater Recovery Teams found the body around 8:30 a.m., close to where the boy was last seen.

The boy went swimming in the river around 12:45 p.m. Sunday with three friends. He was visiting family at the time, but his parents were not with him at the river. Police say he went under water and did not resurface.

“According to family, he’s not a strong swimmer,” said RCMP Lunenburg County Const. Angela MacEachern. “The other youth are used to swimming in the area, and unfortunately when they went out yesterday, the 12-year-old boy got into distress and he went under the water and never came back up.”

Lunenburg and Queens Ground Search and Rescue, the Canadian Coast Guard, the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources and numerous Fire and EHS personnel were involved in the search for the boy.

“It’s heartbreaking for everybody involved, especially family, but we can say positively about the community–the people who were here assisting–the large majority were volunteers working very hard to recover the boy for the family.”

The name of the boy has not been released.

No further follow up is taking place on behalf of RCMP.

With files from Global’s Erika Tucker

Stickpin fire in Washington State only 4.5 kilometres from B.C. border

ABOVE: Fire information officer Kevin Skrepnek joins Sonia Sunger to talk about the current fire situation in B.C.

Wildfire crews from B.C. are in Washington State helping out in the fight against the aggressive Stickpin fire.

That blaze now covers 190 square kilometres and its northern edge is only four-and-a-half kilometres from the Canadian border.

Fortunately, officials say it does not seem to be creeping any closer.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Fire information officer Kevin Skrepnek said they saw this fire flare up about a week-and-a-half ago. “We’ve been in constant communication with our counterparts in the U.S. forestry service, in terms of sharing intelligence, sharing information on the fire, looking at where the projected growth is going to be,” he said.

“Just as a proactive move, we did decide to pre-position some of our personnel and resources in Grand Forks, and starting yesterday, we did start sending some of our B.C. personnel across the border to work on the more northern aspects of the fire, looking at areas where we can get some containment in there to stem its growth further towards the border.”

Skrepnek said, given the proximity to the border, they felt it was necessary to send B.C. firefighters and equipment to help crews in Washington State and try and get a handle on the blaze.

Smoke from the U.S.’s many wildfires has been blowing across the border into southern B.C.

That has prompted air quality advisories for communities in the Kootenays, the Okanagan and the eastern Fraser Valley.

Wildfire officials say there are currently 183 active fires in B.C., most of them lightning-caused. Eight new fires started Saturday and two fires were started on Sunday.

By the end of last week, the province had spent $224 million fighting wildfires.

TSX, North American stocks end turbulent day down sharply – National

WATCH ABOVE: Within minutes of opening, the Dow Jones plunged more than 1,000 points before slowly recovering, but still ending the day with a huge loss. Jackson Proskow and Mike Drolet report.

North American stock markets ended a dramatic trading day sharply lower, clawing back only some ground lost during a turbulent plunge at the opening bell.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Related

  • Why investors are dumping stocks 6 years into bull market, and what to watch in coming weeks

  • Harper attacks opponents’ ‘clearly damaging’ policies as stock market tumbles

  • 5 reasons why the market meltdown matters to all Canadians

North American markets were reacting to deep sell-offs on Asian and European markets. China’s main index sank 8.5 per cent  — its biggest drop since the early days of the 2008 global financial crisis — amid deepening fears over the health of the world’s second-largest economy.

In response, the benchmark index for shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange fell 767 points, or 5.7 per cent in the opening minutes of trade. The Dow Jones industrial average cratered a worrisome 1,058 points or 6.43 per cent.

North American stock prices generally regained much of the early losses by the early afternoon before declining again ahead of the closing bell.

The composite index in Toronto ended the day down 420 points, or 3.12 per cent. In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average was 588 points lower, or 3.58 per cent. S&P 500 shares declined 3.94 per cent as a group, or 77.7 points.

Commodities hit

Oil and other commodities as well as the currencies of many countries — including Canada — also dove in value on concerns that a sharp slowdown in China might hurt economic growth around the globe.

Financial markets withstood a serious hit Monday. The Dow Jones fell more than 1000 points just after the opening bell, ended the day down close to 600 points. CBS’s Marlie Hall reports.

The Canadian dollar was down nearly half a U.S. cent at about 75.5 cents US early Monday and the price of oil was below US$39 a barrel, continuing a sharp decline that began two months ago.

Since closing at $61.01 on June 23, contracts for a North American benchmark crude have been losing ground due to an oversupply and concerns about economic demand. Crude closed Friday at US$40.45.

MORE: Here’s why gas prices are climbing in Canada while oil plummets

North American stock markets were expected to suffer heavy losses when they being trading at 9:30 a.m. Eastern Time.

The Dow futures were down 664.0 points at 15,802.0 about an hour before the markets opened, the Nasdaq futures were down 208.5 points at 3,993.3 and the S&P 500 futures were down 70.2 points at 1,901.2.

Europe rout

In Europe, the FTSE index in London was down 251.56 points at 5,936.09, German’s DAX index was down 443.51 points at 9,681.01 and the Paris CAC 40 was down 214 at 4,416.99.

Earlier, China’s Shanghai index suffered its biggest percentage decline since February 2007, with many China-listed companies hitting their 10 per cent downside limits. The benchmark closed at 3,209.91 points, meaning it has lost all of its gains for 2015, though it is still more than 40 per cent above its level a year ago.

MORE: Stephen Harper attacks opponents ‘clearly damaging’ policies as stock market tumbles

Japan’s Nikkei fell 4.6 per cent to 18,540.68, its worst one-day drop since in over two and a half years.

China’s dimming outlook is drawing calls for more economic stimulus from Beijing, though earlier government efforts to staunch the hemorrhage appear to have done little to stabilize markets.

Some analysts say they see opportunities for bargains in the latest plunge in prices. But underlying the gloom is the growing conviction that policymakers and regulators may lack the means to staunch the losses.

MORE: 5 reasons why the market meltdown matters to all Canadians

The bloodletting spread across Asia, as Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index fell 5.2 per cent to 21,251.57. Australia’s S&P ASX/200 slid 4.1 per cent to 5,001.30, while South Korea’s Kospi lost 2.5 per cent to 1,829.81.

Fresh evidence of the slowdown in China’s economy sparked a wave of selling Friday in Europe, the U.S. and Canada. The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX composite index dropped 263.33 points to close at 13,473.67, a nearly 13 per cent decrease from its highs well above 15,000 in April.

“My biggest concern is that global growth momentum is very fragile. The most important step is to see China take further action to try to bring their economy to a 7 per cent growth path,” said Rajiv Biswas, Asia-Pacific chief economist for IHS.

Holloway takes down Oliveira through TKO at UFC Fight Night Saskatoon – Saskatoon

SASKATOON – Max Holloway’s first main event was bittersweet. The Hawaii product defeated Brazilian Charles Oliveira in the first round of UFC Fight Night 74 on Sunday in a bout that was stopped due to injury.

The featherweight fight ended at 1:39 after Oliveira started to favour his right shoulder following an exchange. The seventh ranked UFC featherweight went down and the fight was stopped, giving fifth-ranked Holloway (14-3) a knockout victory at the SaskTel Centre.

Oliveira (20-5) was carried away on a stretcher.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Related

  • Rousey says she’ll do Roddy Piper ‘proud’ in Rio fight

  • 5 things you should know about UFC fighter Rory MacDonald

“It sucked,” said Holloway. “I train super hard, but it comes with the territory. My prayers go out to Charles.

“At the end of the day, these guys have to understand that he is ranked number seven in the world, so he probably only does this, and he gets money probably only fighting. Injuries set you back. If you can’t fight, you can’t pay your bills. It is sad to see.”

READ MORE: Headliner preview for UFC fight night Saskatoon

Neil Magny (16-5) won a split decision over Brazilian Erick Silva (18-6) in the night’s co-main event. The fight had action in the first round but became a stand-off boxing match for the following two.

One judge scored the welterweight tilt 29-28 in Silva’s favour, while Magny topped the scorecards of the two other judges 29-28 and 30-27. Magny entered the fight coming off a loss at UFC 190 on Aug. 1 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, which had ended a seven fight winning streak.

Canadian Patrick Cote, of Rimouski, Que., dropped Josh Burkman with a punch to the temple early in the third round of his welterweight fight. Cote finished off Burkman through a knockout at 1:26 of the third.

Cote received the night’s loudest cheers from the crowd of just over 7,200 and the tilt was later deemed as fight of the night.

“We have a ton of respect for each other,” said Cote, who improved to 23-9. “At the same time, we’re in there to fight and to give a good show, and that is what we did.”

READ MORE: Cote, Burkman primed for UFC fight night Saskatoon

Brazilian Francisco Trinaldo came out with an impressive lightweight victory over Montreal’s Chad Laprise. Trinaldo put Laprise on the canvas with a big right and proceeded to ground pound a knockout win at 2:43 of the first round.

Montreal’s Olivier Aubin-Mercier got past Tony Sims by unanimous decision. Aubin-Mercier had a decided edge in ground control in the lightweight fight.

Valerie Letourneau, of Montreal, downed Ukraine’s Maryna Moroz by unanimous decision in a women’s strawweight tilt.

READ MORE: Quebec’s Letourneau looks for third UFC win on Saskatoon card

Chris Kelades of Cole Harbor, N.S., prevailed in a split decision over Chris Beal in a preliminary fight.

Two judges scored the fight 29-28 in Kelades’s favour, while the third had it 30-27 in favour of Beal.

“I am 34, but I honestly feel 24. That is not even a joke,” said Kelades (9-2). “Physically, this is the best I have ever been as far as shape, conditioning, mindset and everything.

“Now it is just experience. It just racking up the time inside that cage to where I feel comfortable enough to do the things that I do in training in a fight. That just comes with fights.”

Canadian Shane Campbell claimed a unanimous decision over Elias Silverio in a lightweight preliminary fight. Silverio came out hard in the first four minutes of the first round getting on top of Campbell, before the Kelowna, B.C., native gained control of the fight.

Campbell felt he had lost the first round but was confident about his odds in the final two. All three judges scored the fight 29-28 in Campbell’s favour.

“I knew that he was gassed,” said Campbell. “I felt that he was a little more gassed than I was, and that was what my corner said.”

Brazil’s Felipe Arantes, who earned a performance bonus, took down Montreal’s Yves Jabouin with a slick arm bar submission at 4:21 of the first round in a bantamweight fight.

Frankie Perez, who also earned a performance bonus, prevailed by technical knockout just 54 seconds into his match with Sam Stout of London, Ont. Lativa’s Misha Cirkunov, who resides in Toronto, beat Daniel Jolly by knockout at the 4:45 mark of the first round in a light heavyweight preliminary bout.

©2015The Canadian Press

Mark Makes It with Liza Fromer

WATCH ABOVE: Watch Mark Make It with the help of Liza Fromer and her kids. Shot and edited by Nick Pimenoff!

Zucchini Carpaccio

Ingredients

2 green & 2 yellow zucchinismall bunch of mint leavesolive oilsalt and pepper¼ cup of pine nuts¼ cup of capersfresh burrata cheese3-4 cherry tomatoes

Preperation

Cut the zucchini as thin as you can with a knife or mandolin. Arrange the slices on the plate as you wish

Toast the capers and pine nuts in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside to cool down

Chop up mint leaves

Cut cherry tomatoes in half

Cut open the burrata

Once zucchini slices are arranged on plate, use the inside of the burrata and place dollops of the cheese over some slices, sprinkle mint, capers and pine nuts all over. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with some salt and pepper

Mascarpone cream linguine with spinach and crab

Ingredients

Package of linguine or fettuccine5-6 cooked crab legs or fresh packaged crab meat1 cup of spinach2 shallots2 cloves of garlic1 tsp of Nutmeg½ lemon1 cup of heavy cream1 cup of mascarpone1 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano cheesesalt and pepperolive oil
Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Preparation

Sautee shallots, garlic, spinach and nutmeg in a pan with some olive oil

Break crab legs and pull apart all the meat

Heat mascarpone in a saucepan and once it has melted add cream, stir for 3-4 minutes while adding everything you sautéed. Add the crab (save some crab for garnishing) zest half of one lemon with juice of half of lemon and add parmigiano reggiano and simmer for 3-4 minutes.

Cook and drain pasta. Save a ¼ cup of pasta water

Pour everything into the pot and stir making sure the cream covers all of the pasta.

Add to plate and garnish with leftover crab

Chilean sea bass with two purees

Ingredients

4 pieces of Chilean sea bass or other white fish3 cups of Butternut squash chunksSmall red pepper½ cup of chick peas½ cup of green onion – choppedOlive oil2 tbsp of butterSalt and pepper

Preparation

Place a large pan on medium heat with some olive oil. Season fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes until skin is crisp and golden brown in color. Transfer to oven for 4-5 minutes at 450 degrees (TIP – pat dry the skin with paper towel prior to frying so it crisps evenly)

Puree 1

Boil or roast butternut squash and place in blender with butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

Puree 2

Rost chickpeas and pepper (You don’t have to roast) and add to blender with green onion and drizzle of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.

Arrange puree and fish on plate as you wish